Our contact details
Oakgate Nursery & Garden Centre
Ellerdine Heath, Nr. Telford, Shropshire. TF6 6RL
Tel: 01939 250428 E-mail: email@example.com
Date: October 2023
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
· Information that you provide to us such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, bank account and payment card details.
· Information about the services that we provide to you (including for example, the things we have provided to you, when and where, what you paid, the way you use our products and services, and so on);
· Information about any device you have used to access our services (such as your device’s make and model, browser or IP address) and also how you use our services. If you use our website, we try to identify when and how you use those websites too.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
· In the course of communications between you and us (including face to face, by phone, email or otherwise)
· When you fill in any of our forms
· Via our social media pages, other social media content, tools and applications
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
· Make available our services to you;
· Process your orders;
· Take payment from you or give you a refund;
· Help us ensure that our customers are genuine and to prevent fraud;
· Conduct market research ourselves
· For statistical analysis;
· Find ways to improve our services
· Provide you with online advertising;
· Provide for the safety and security of our colleagues and customers
· Help answer your questions and solve any issues you have.
We may share this information with:
Paymentsense (merchant services)
Open Retail Solutions (cash register provider)
We may share this information with organisations in certain scenarios. For example:
· If we're discussing selling or transferring part or all of a business, we may share information about you to prospective purchasers - but only so they can evaluate that business;
· If we are reorganised or sold to another organisation, we may transfer information we hold about you to them so they can continue to provide the Services to you
· If required to by law, under any code of practice by which we are bound or we are asked to do so by a public or regulatory authority such as the Police or the Department for Work and Pensions;
· If we need to do so in order to exercise or protect our legal rights, users, systems and Services; or
· In response to requests from individuals (or their representatives) seeking to protect their legal rights or the rights of others.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
· The pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below)
· The purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract
· For the sale of goods to a customer; or complying with our legal obligations.
· Where you have consented or not withdrawn your consent
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Oakgate Nursery & Garden Centre including: -
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety,health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- for communication purposes such as sending information
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- managing insurance claims by customers;
- protecting Oakgate Nursery, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations.
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Oakgate Nursery
- fulfilling our duties to our customers and colleagues
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored. We will always retain your personal information in accordance with law and regulation and never retain your information for longer than is necessary.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access- You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure- You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk